50 detailed steps to download Jio TV app and install in Android TV using an external player called KODI.
Ridaex Television Warranty Coverage
2 Year Warranty
A warranty is a type of assurance that a manufacturer or similar party makes regarding the condition of its product. It also refers to the terms and conditions under which repairs or exchanges will be made if the product does not function as originally described or intended.
Warranty starts for Pan-India
Affecting From: 1st April 2023
Process to avail of a 2 years warranty:
- 2 years Warranty is applicable on all Ridaex TV products purchased by consumers from April 2023 for Pan India.
- Installation for the TV purchased in April 2023 needs to be carried out within 2 - 3 working days of purchase, depending on the tier of the locations.
- The customer has to produce proof of purchase to the engineer during service. In the event of the non-availability of purchase proof (invoice/ QR Detail/ any other document ascertaining the period), the warranty will not be applicable.
Terms & Conditions:
1) Applicable on purchase of all Ridaex TV models under the 2 Year Complete Warranty.
Applicable models, as per the below list:
Part-wise Warranty Coverage
All kinds of physical, liquid, and electrical damages are not covered under warranty.
1. Motherboard components:
Issues - internal faults that might potentially cause output over- voltage, chains of multiple component failures like [Main Board, Power Supply Board, T-Con Board, LVDS cable, LED Panel Controller Boards, IR Sensor, Keypad Controller], excessive temperatures, electric shock, or even fire.
Resolution - Ridaex hyperlocal CAT- 3A technicians will fix the issue by replacing the motherboard logic board; a change of power-cord is recommended.
If one component fails, usually the whole motherboard fails. Replacing the faulty components is not as easy as it may sound. Our Ridaex hyperlocal CAT- 3A technicians will replace the entire motherboard.
Warranty Details - Under warranty only for the T-Con board, IR sensor, vertical line, keypad controller, and LVDS cable.
Main Board, Power Supply Board, horizontal line, and LED Panel Controller Boards - Short circuits because of thunderstorms, lightning, or power variation - not covered under warranty.
2. Speaker assembly (speaker)
The function of a loudspeaker is to convert electrical signals into sound. The television usually uses a paper basin speaker.
The paper basin loudspeaker is composed of: permanent magnet, bracket, centering piece, copper wire voice coil, a diaphragm folding ring, and a cone type paper basin.
Issues - The issue will be with both speakers - No sound but display on; audio not matching video; distorted sound; audio not supported from external devices; echo sound; humming sound; audio volume too loud or low automatically.
Resolution - Each and every one of the above mentioned scenarios has different kinds of solutions.
1. Speaker loose connection: Ridaex hyperlocal CAT- 2 engineers need to visit and fix the speaker loose connection issue.
2. Speaker damage: Ridaex hyperlocal CAT- 2 engineers need to visit and fix the speaker damage.
3. Audio control board chip set error: Ridaex hyperlocal CAT- 2 engineers need to visit and replace the audio control chip set.
4. The audio format is not compatible with the media player: Uninstall the current media player and install the media player that supports the format. For a better experience, use VLC players.
5. Sound is not encoded with video: In this case, one needs to check for a video that has sound encoded in it.
Warranty Details - Issues with the speakers are covered under warranty.
3. DLED or Backlight LED:
Advantages - screen brightness uniformity with higher brightness
Disadvantages - relatively high cost; the body will have a certain thickness.
Issue - The visible circles and crystal drops on the screen look like lights burning out of the screen.
The reason for visible circles / crystal drops is:
1. The crystals placed over the LED light in the backlight disconnect and drop.
Resolution - The overheating of the backlight chamber in the TV and glue wear-off are the main reasons for crystal drops.
A Ridaex hyperlocal CAT 2 engineer can open the panel and restick the dropped crystals with good quality glue, and this simple trick should fix the issue. If not, the LED strip needs to be replaced, and our Ridaex hyperlocal CAT 2 engineer will do the job for you.
Warranty Details - Issues with the backlight LED are not covered under warranty.
4. Infrared Module + Remote - IR Remote:
An IR remote control sends out infrared light signals. You can't see infrared lights with your eyes; however, they may be visible with the use of a digital camera or cell phone camera.
Issue - The most common reasons for a TV remote that is not working are battery issues, pairing issues, or infrared sensor issues.
Resolution - Press the power button while pointing the remote control at your TV. Make sure the LED indicator on the TV blinks. If not, your remote does not have enough power remaining in the batteries, change to new batteries. If this is not working, you need to replace the remote itself.
In the case of an IR remote short, the IR remote keeps sending continuous signals to the TV. whereas the TV will be confused about how to process the signals. in such scenarios. Remove the batteries from the remote and place it aside. A replacement IR remote is recommended.
As an alternative, one can use a manual button to turn on and off the TV.
Warranty Details - IR remote covers a 6 months warranty. It does not cover physical damage.
(Batteries are not included under warranty.)
5. Gyroscope Remote or Magic Remote:
A remote controller with the multi function Air Mouse keyboard, multimedia Android control, and motion sense support.
Issue - The most common reasons for a gyroscope remote that is not working are battery issues, pairing issues.
Resolution - The connected dongle needs to be removed and placed back on the port. Then check it with the cursor button. If it is still not working, replace the batteries. The final solution will be to replace the remote itself.
Warranty Details - Gyroscope Remote covers a 6 months warranty. It does not cover physical damage.
(Batteries are not included under warranty.)
*Terms & Conditions for Warranty:
1. The standard warranty provided with the product includes terms and conditions.
2. The Standard Manufacturer's Warranty, which is valid from the date of invoice and is described in the QR scan appearing on the checklist, is 2 years.
3. This warranty is exclusive to the product's original buyer (the "Purchaser") and is not transferable.
4. Customers should retain the original invoice to claim the warranty.
5. Installation of the product purchased should be done through the company's service centre, or its authorised service centre or its Dealer's service centre in 2 to 3 working days depending on the tier locations.
6. Repair under warranty will be carried out through the company's service centres, its authorised service centres, or its dealer's service centres.
7. All costs, including but not limited to the cost of picking up the product or parts from the authorised service centre, costs associated with deploying service personnel or technicians, travel costs (to and from), incidental costs, etc., must be covered by the purchaser for products installed outside of the city limits of the authorised service centre's region.
8. In the event of repairs/ replacement of any parts of the product, this warranty will thereafter continue and remain in force only for the period of 2 years warranty from the date of purchase. Moreover, the time taken for repair/replacement and in transit, whether under warranty or otherwise, shall not be excluded from the warranty period.
9. During the period of warranty, the company's obligation under the warranty shall be limited to repair or replacement of parts only.
10. The customer is obligated to accept the company's current depreciation standards as a commercial alternative to repairs in the event of any unforeseen condition or lack of spare parts.
11. The warranty does not cover any accessories external to the product.
12. This warranty is subject to verification of the documents and/or information provided by the customer, and Ridaex reserves the right to seek such additional documents and/or information from the customer as it may deem appropriate.
13. There will be no refund of the booking charge or amount paid if the customer decides to return the purchase they made before or after the delivery procedure is complete for any reason, including the product failing to meet their expectations.
14. The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear of the parts or defects caused by household pets, rats, cockroaches, or any other animals or insects.
15. The warranty does not cover damage or loss caused by accident, lighting, water, fire, or other acts of God, improper ventilation, dropping, excessive shock, or any external cause beyond Ridaex’s control. In the event that services are required as a result of the causes stated above, such services shall be at extra charge.
16. This warranty will not be applicable in any of the following cases:
a. The product is not purchased from an authorised dealer of the company in India.
b. The product is not used in accordance with guidelines provided by the technical support team, demonstration videos, or the digital manual.
c. Defects caused by improper usage as determined by the company’s personnel
d. Modification or alteration of any nature is made in the electrical circuitry/ or physical construction of the product.
e. Installation/ repair work is carried out by persons/ agencies other than those authorised by the company.
f. The product is used for commercial purposes.
g. The conditions of the premises do not conform to the recommended operating conditions of the product.
h. The original serial number is removed, obliterated, or altered from the product or its cabinet.
17. With the new 2 warranty terms and conditions starting in the year 2023, the initial 5-year warranty that was obtained from 2020 to 2022 on all Ridaex TV products purchased by consumers for the years of concern will remain in service.
18. The decision of the company in relation to the warranty and matters incidental thereto shall be final and binding on the purchaser. Disputes, if any, with respect to the same should be sent in writing to Ridaex Corporate Office, No. 12/1-A, 17th Cross, 29th Main Road, JP Nagar 6th Phase, Backside Nandhini Hotel, Green City Hospital Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560078.
19. The existence of any dispute, if any, shall not constitute a claim against Ridaex. Any and all disputes, controversies, and conflicts (“Disputes”) arising out of the warranty shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts. For any queries or issues related to the company’s products, the purchaser can call the company’s
Customer Support: 080-456-81102
20. Ridaex provides the warranty at its sole discretion, and it retains the right to refuse, suspend, or withdraw it at any time and without prior notice. Ridaex disclaims any and all claims and liabilities with respect to this warranty. Under no circumstances shall Ridaex and/or its affiliates and/or their directors, officers, agents, or employees be held liable.